Oahe Electric has a very attractive incentive and rebate plan available to it's consumers. Here is a list of what we offer:
- Heat Pump with Electric Furnace - $600 rebate - Plus an electric rate of 5.5 cents per kWh on your heating and cooling usage
- Ductless Air Source Heat Pump (Mini-Split) - $300 rebate - Plus electric rate of 5.5 cents per kWh on your heating and cooling usage - Existing or new structure must be all electric heat to qualify for rebate
- Electric Furnace with A/C - $200 rebate - Plus an electric rate of 5.5 cents per kWh on your heating and cooling usage
- Geothermal Unit - $600 rebate - Plus an electric rate of 5.5 cents per kWh on your heating and cooling usage
- If 8 KW or more of electric heat is installed in a shop building the rebate is $200. Cord and plug style heaters are not eligible for special rates or rebates.
All heat pumps must be Energy Star Rated and have a minimum rating of 15 SEER.
These electric rates are designed for all of the heating. Plus, if you abide by the load management program for cooling you will also receive this excellent rate. The submeter must be installed on the outside of the home.
Water heaters that qualify for rebates and incentives:
All Marathon electric water heaters with a lifetime warranty - 50 gallon or larger
All Westinghouse electric water heaters with a lifetime warranty - 50 gallon or larger
Consumers must agree to have a load control device installed on the water heater. The consumer is then entitled to a $6 per gallon capacity rebate. Also, the consumer would see a $4 credit on their monthly electric bill. If you have multiple water heaters, they must all abide by the above criteria to qualify. Oahe Electric feels that we can be a strong decision making factor for those who are interested by combining the low rates along with the rebate program.
Commercial Members are eligible for lighting rebates when replacing less efficient lighting and installing more efficient lighting. Payment will be $0.20 per watt saved. Maximum payment per structure is $1,000
Your rate will be 9 cents per kWh and you will receive no rebates.
And electric furnace is 100% efficient. An air to air heat pump is 250% efficient. And lastly, a geothermal heat pump is 300% efficient.
Well, for every $1 it costs you to operate an electric furnace, you get $1 of heating value out of it. Now, with a heat pump for every $1 it costs you to operate it you get $2.50 worth of heating value out of it. A heat pump does not have to heat an element or burn a fuel to create warmth. It simply extracts heat energy from cold air, and then concentrates it with a compressor to a temperature that can be used in your home for heating.
Statistics have shown that a modern home will use an average of 15,000 kWh's per year (15,000 kWh's x .05 cents per kWh = $750/year for heating and cooling). Divided by 365 days per year, it would cost you $2.05 per day to heat and cool your home. Using an electric furnace and A/C unit your usage will be higher because an electric furnace is 100% efficient where a heat pump is 250% efficient.
A gas furnace is only 90% efficient! That's right! For every $1 it costs you to operate a gas furnace you get .90 cents worth of heating value out of it.
Statistics have shown that a modern home will use around 100 decatherm's per heating season. At $8.00 per decatherm this would cost you $800 per heating season. Plus, your cooling costs will be at the higher rate from Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc.