Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc.

Oahe Electric Cooperative

About Us

landscape

Plans were in the making for an electric company at the first board meeting held on May 22, 1946 at the Pierre Courthouse. Many decisions had to be made before the doors of Central Electric Cooperative Association, Inc. opened it's doors in 1949. After many lengthy discussions, the board decided that Blunt would be the home for the cooperative. On June 15, 1949, James R. Sunderland assumed the position of general manager of the organization. At the annual meeting on November 14 1959, members voted for the articles of incorporation for the name to be changed to Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc effective January 1, 1960.

The first newsletter was published in April 1952. Consumers wrote in with ideas of what to name the publication. The directors chose Mrs. David Trumble's name of the Current Reporter as the winner. For her winning idea she won an electric kitchen clock.

Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Commitment
Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc. :: 102 South Canford :: Blunt, SD 57522-0216 USA
[hours] 7:30am-4pm CDT Mon-Fri :: [ph] 605.962.6243 :: [fax] 605.962.6306 :: oahe@oaheelectric.com
Site Developed in part by Basin Electric Power Cooperative
Copyright © All rights reserved